- The amount of flammable liquids being handled in the workroom / working area, and the quantities of liquid that may be accidentally released or spilt.
- Ignition sources in the workroom / working area, and potential fire spread in the event of an ignition.
- Exhaust ventilation provision to the workroom / working area, and / or the storage cupboard or bin.
- The fire performance of the storage cupboard or bin.
- The arrangements for closing the cupboard or bin doors/lid in the event of a fire.
- Means of escape from the workroom / working area.
It is very important that these regulations are followed correctly as this is when hazards occur. Lion containers (Chemical Stores) Ltd have done lots of research into keeping chemicals. As a result of this research, we can now convert shipping containers into chemical stores. That means these requirements are perfect, they suit everyone’s needs and come in a range of sizes. Lion Containers (Chemical Stores) Ltd are compliant with Government regulations; we also meet the Environment Agency’s recommendations. All of our containers come with an integral bund, so if there is a chemical spillage it will not enter any drainage systems. This spillage goes into a bunded floor, so the chemicals can then be disposed of in the correct way. Another advantage of having a converted container chemical store is that you can have it posititioned anywhere. If you were storing explosive chemicals then you could keep them away from your work place, home or animals.
Blog Post Written By Felicity Lawrence at Lion Containers (Chemical Stores) Ltd